AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Incremental Clicks - Display Network

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello everyone,

I am working my way through the Google Display Network exam guide, and have come across something called "Incremental Clicks". 

I have read into this more, and I don't think I understand, can someone please explain this to me(words or diagrams) and explain how it links with the GDN Ad Auction.

Thanks in advance Smiley Tongue

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2016

Re: Incremental Clicks - Display Network

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jordan,

You can refer to the following link:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2996564?hl=en

In short, If you would have received 10 clicks in position 1 and 8 clicks on position 2 then the 2 extra clicks are considered 'incremental clicks'. It is these clicks that you would pay 1c more for than then lower ranked position. For the 8 clicks you would have received either way you pay the price for pos 2 (even though you in pos 1).

Good Luck

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jordan,

You can refer to the following link:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2996564?hl=en

In short, If you would have received 10 clicks in position 1 and 8 clicks on position 2 then the 2 extra clicks are considered 'incremental clicks'. It is these clicks that you would pay 1c more for than then lower ranked position. For the 8 clicks you would have received either way you pay the price for pos 2 (even though you in pos 1).

Good Luck

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Clynton M
Thanks for the reply, however the link you included, is the one I have been reading, and I am struggling to understand. I think I have got my head around what Incremental Clicks are, but am still unsure how this relates to the GDN ad auction.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Jordan,

I am not quite sure that *incremental clicks* or simply *incremental* would be AdWords terms, they are common English, where incremental is a synonym of additional, sounding a bit more professional. More precisely incremental refers to a small positive or negative change in the value of a particular variable.

Best,
Lakatos

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Lakatos,

Right okay, this makes much more sense! Thank you for taking the time to explain Smiley Happy