Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Incremental Clicks - Display Network

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello everyone,

I am working my way through the Google Display Network exam guide, and have come across something called "Incremental Clicks". 

I have read into this more, and I don't think I understand, can someone please explain this to me(words or diagrams) and explain how it links with the GDN Ad Auction.

Thanks in advance Smiley Tongue

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2016

Re: Incremental Clicks - Display Network

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jordan,

You can refer to the following link:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2996564?hl=en

In short, If you would have received 10 clicks in position 1 and 8 clicks on position 2 then the 2 extra clicks are considered 'incremental clicks'. It is these clicks that you would pay 1c more for than then lower ranked position. For the 8 clicks you would have received either way you pay the price for pos 2 (even though you in pos 1).

Good Luck

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jordan,

You can refer to the following link:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2996564?hl=en

In short, If you would have received 10 clicks in position 1 and 8 clicks on position 2 then the 2 extra clicks are considered 'incremental clicks'. It is these clicks that you would pay 1c more for than then lower ranked position. For the 8 clicks you would have received either way you pay the price for pos 2 (even though you in pos 1).

Good Luck

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Clynton M
Thanks for the reply, however the link you included, is the one I have been reading, and I am struggling to understand. I think I have got my head around what Incremental Clicks are, but am still unsure how this relates to the GDN ad auction.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Jordan,

I am not quite sure that *incremental clicks* or simply *incremental* would be AdWords terms, they are common English, where incremental is a synonym of additional, sounding a bit more professional. More precisely incremental refers to a small positive or negative change in the value of a particular variable.

Best,
Lakatos

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Lakatos,

Right okay, this makes much more sense! Thank you for taking the time to explain Smiley Happy