AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Increasing quality score of pages/keywords already ranking in google ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

How to improve quality score of pages which are already ranking for certain keywords in google search ?

I am bidding on same keywords in adwords for which ranking is already there. Quality score for those keywords were earlier 10/10 but now dropped to 6 and First page bid has also increase.

Not able to understand on what to change on page or ad to improve quality score. Please reply.

Thanks

Ashish

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Increasing quality score of pages/keywords already ranking in goog

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Ashish m,

Welcome to adwords community,
Quality Score of keywords depend on lots of factors and can take sometime to make improvments. You are right CTR is one of most important factor in calculating the QS, but beside this, it depends on the relevancy in between your keywords and ad texts and landing page. History of keywords, historical CTR of the display URLs in the ad group, account's performance in the geographical region where the ad will be shown etc.

Hope it helps you.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Ashish,

The drop in QS and increase in the first page bid most likely mean your CTR for those keywords is lower than that of your competition. I would create a number of new ads, including as much as possible a call to action and a value proposition. Try to improve your CTR, but do not try to bring in visitors who are not interested in your product/service.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot for your answer.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Suman,
Thanks for your answer. CTR+AD Text+Landing Page relevance combination of these 3 are most important factors, this is what I understood till now.

Please see few other doubts:
1. Changing Landing page to improve QS, but that landing page is already having same organic keyword ranking in google's first page. Will changing landing page content hurt organic ranking ?
2. Working on Edu keywords like search degree online and other similar keywords which has Click rate more than $25 with QS 10/10. Is it worth to run edu campaigns on Adwords which are only paying $40 per lead. What would you suggest is the best way ?

Please let me know.