Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Inactive GSP campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,
I have a big issue with GSP campaigns: even if I've followed the Google AdWords wizard to create my GSP campaigns and there are no alerts and evident problems, the campaigns are inactive and don't generate impressions.

In the past I've had a similar problema and the AdWords support suggested me to change the targeting method and settings.

The problem here is that I've tried all the settings but the campaigns still not working.

Someone have some suggestion?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Inactive GSP campaigns

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Matt,

Gmail ads will appear at the top of tabs in Gmail inboxes in a collapsed state as you know.

Did your Gmail Ads Approved ?

Did you add "mail.google.com" in Placement Tab for Ad Groups. Please cross check and if not then please add.

How to Add

• Select an ad group.
  • Go to your Display Network tab and click your Placements tab.
  • Locate mail.google.com in your list of placements.
  • Click and edit your bid. Tip: Increase it so that it's higher than your ad group default bid.

Please find below the URL for Gmail Ads details and Gmail Ads Policy ( for Prohibited Promotion).

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6105478?hl=en

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6210602?hl=en

Please let us know if you have any query.

Thanks,

Anand

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Matt,

As per your query, your campaigns are inactive and inactive campaigns/adgroups/keyword will not generate impressions. So make sure to turn on the campaign.

Regards,

Pushpendra Singh

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Matt,

Without knowing more details, it's hard to say but I can also confirm that we've seen by using very refined targeting in Gmail can lead to gaining 0 impressions. Depending on the type of targeting you've selected, assuming everything else is fine, you may want to consider expanding your reach some.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Anand Kumar,
I've done everything you said in your comment, but nothing happened here Smiley Sad

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Pushpendra Singh, of course Campagins, AD Groups, and Keywords are Active.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @PPCBossman, targeting is not refined.

I have 2 campaigns "blocked" in this way: one using keyword, the other one using the domain of a big website with thousand of newsletter subscriber.

All the announce are approved and there isn't any alert to this campaign.

Ask me everything about the settings and I'll post all you need to understand if settings are setted up correctly

Thanks

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Mattia,

If you have already setup every things (including Keywords, GSP supported ads, Domain, budget , bid, Campain setting, Target location) and still you campaign is not live then i will suggest you. Please contact google support

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en-GB

Thanks,
Anand