AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

In which format do you send your proposition of ads to your client for validation ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello to everybody,

I hope that you have a very nice weekend and your campagnes are just going very well!

I have a question about how to communicate with your client about the format of ads. I have some new clients and I will be sending them my proposal of ads for a validation. As my clients do not know a lot of Adwords, I would like to send them a real impression of the ad instead of an Excel or Word file.

How do you do it? Lets say that normally you do not validate your ads with the fist proposition. Do you pass from the first shot by Adwords editor? Or is there a tool for displaying the real ads?

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience!! Have a good weekend!

Kaci

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kat G
October 2016

In which format do you send your proposition of ads to your client for validation ?

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kaci, great question.  I ran into that issue and built myself an "ad simulator" within Google Sheets that looks a lot like a Google Ad.  I used the Len() function so that I can get just the right amount of text into each field.  Especially with the new expanded text format, it comes in handy.  

In the case that you need them to look EXACTLY like real ads, Google AdWords Editor can also be useful for quickly mocking up, copying and uploading different versions of pre-approval, prototype, or mockup ads.   However you have to make sure the campaign you're uploading is paused, or you can generate a torrent of error messages to the account ownerSmiley Happy

I have previously searched for an "AdWords Ad simulator" but haven't found anything to address this need.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kat G
October 2016

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kaci, great question.  I ran into that issue and built myself an "ad simulator" within Google Sheets that looks a lot like a Google Ad.  I used the Len() function so that I can get just the right amount of text into each field.  Especially with the new expanded text format, it comes in handy.  

In the case that you need them to look EXACTLY like real ads, Google AdWords Editor can also be useful for quickly mocking up, copying and uploading different versions of pre-approval, prototype, or mockup ads.   However you have to make sure the campaign you're uploading is paused, or you can generate a torrent of error messages to the account ownerSmiley Happy

I have previously searched for an "AdWords Ad simulator" but haven't found anything to address this need.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Steve,

Thanks for your reply ! I am quite surprised, that there is not such a tool yet!!

Have a nice week,

Kaci