AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

In the Keyword tool, can I narrow the search to a specific city?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm doing research for a local pet sitting company, so they would only be interested in searches in their city. Is that possible?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: In the Keyword tool, can I narrow the search to a specific city?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

HI

Sadly The answer is no, you cant narrow it down at city level. But from my experience local searches especially for niche services often include city name in the search query itself. (I guess at least the serious searches). So you can try something like "Pet sitting NY". That should be able to give you at least indication about the volume

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

HI

Sadly The answer is no, you cant narrow it down at city level. But from my experience local searches especially for niche services often include city name in the search query itself. (I guess at least the serious searches). So you can try something like "Pet sitting NY". That should be able to give you at least indication about the volume

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

In addition to Nik's answer - Have you tried Google trends ?

In some markets you can get an estimate, ate to search volume by regions and by cities

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Unfortunately in the keyword research tool you can't get city specific results but in traffic estimator you can get city specific results with number of impressions as well. Smiley Happy

Regards

Anand Vishwakarma