AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

In-market Segment is not yet available for use in Remarketing Audience definitions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys, 

I would like to create a custom audience using Analytics (for Adwords remarketing) that uses the in-market segment to target vistors that are interested in 'Software/Business & Productivity Software'.

Problem is, when I create the audience I am told "In-market Segment is not yet available for use in Remarketing Audience definitions." Is this due to low interest levels? Only two percent of my website visitors are interested or something else? 

Help appreciated.

Cheers, 

Zinzan

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author found U
April 2016

Re: In-market Segment is not yet available for use in Remarketing Audience definitions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Zinzan,

This feature just isn't available in Google Analytics yet which could be based on the fact that the audience would be restricted to only people who have been to your site. AdWords requires 100 active users/month in an audience on the Google Display Network. I would bet that eventually this feature will be available.

If you weren't aware, you can create in-market segments directly in AdWords for use on the Google display network, however this doesn't restrict the audience to only people who have visited your site. Here is a useful video on how to set these up: https://youtu.be/axGSxy4yXEQ?t=147

-Jim
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author found U
April 2016

Re: In-market Segment is not yet available for use in Remarketing Audience definitions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Zinzan,

This feature just isn't available in Google Analytics yet which could be based on the fact that the audience would be restricted to only people who have been to your site. AdWords requires 100 active users/month in an audience on the Google Display Network. I would bet that eventually this feature will be available.

If you weren't aware, you can create in-market segments directly in AdWords for use on the Google display network, however this doesn't restrict the audience to only people who have visited your site. Here is a useful video on how to set these up: https://youtu.be/axGSxy4yXEQ?t=147

-Jim
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Cheers Jim,

I thought that may be the case. We are under a 100 at the moment but this will lift. I did see the in-market segment tool but still wanted the restriction.

Thanks for the help,

Zinzan