AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

In depth geographic search criteria

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Geographically I have a very specific search criteria and I was wondering how close geographically we could pin point our target market. I could only go as deep as the first three digits of a postal code (Canadian customer) any suggestions?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

If it's a thinly populated area you may want to use radius targeting.  AdWords will accept radius targeting around a GPS coordinate.  Just keep in mind there may not be much search volume.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank You for the response that's great. I have a marketing company handling the google Ad Words and I just wanted to get some more info on this at your end so I can confirm our marketing strategy. We've ran some pretty in depth analytics on our end and have found our target market almost to the address level throughout Canada. I was hoping to increase the amount of ads as well as the amount of word search criteria's. Does this make sense? 

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Just keep in mind the population of Canada is less than the population of California. Many campaigns add it on treating it like another large stateSmiley Happy  No offense to Canadians, speaking demographically.