2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

In adwords express, cannot enter a custom URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I cannot enter a custom URL at 'Clicks on your ad go to'. I had the same problem yesterday - it took me entering the URL about 20 times. I have just set up a second ad and it is happening again. Why!?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jesse W
September 2015

Re: In adwords express, cannot enter a custom URL

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are having difficulty. I do not know the answer as I don't use AW Express, but I find it crazy that you are having to spend so much time trying to do something which should be straightforward and quick for you, so I have asked some other people to look at your issue and chime in with any answers they have... 

Stand by.

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jesse W
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are having difficulty. I do not know the answer as I don't use AW Express, but I find it crazy that you are having to spend so much time trying to do something which should be straightforward and quick for you, so I have asked some other people to look at your issue and chime in with any answers they have... 

Stand by.

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Perhaps you can add more detail?  What "custom URL" are you trying to enter and how does it differ from the 'default' that the program supplies?

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Theresa. I want the ad to land on a subpage of my website, not the home page. I can enter the web address of the subpage, but it doesn't stay in the 'Enter custom URL' field.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Jesse,

If you are trying to edit your ad in AdWords interface the changes will not be saved. You have to login to your AdWords Express account to be able to make changes to your AdWords Express ad. 

1. Choose to manage your ads 

2. click on "click on your ads go to"

3. Enter the custom URL and save.

If you are trying to make the change in AdWords Express and not able to save changes then, visit https://support.google.com/adwords/express/answer/2481410?hl=en&ref_topic=3045353 and click on the "contact us" button in the page and write an email. You will get a reply from soon.