AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Improving my landing page

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My AdWords landing page is https://www.ubie.co.uk/website-design-service/ I am just wondering if there are any improvements I can make? I have just launched in AdWords campaign, the keywords I'm bidding across range about £2.50; my currently daily budget is £25. I am just not getting many conversions. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

This forum is more about Adwords more so than conversion optimization, but I will provide a few things.

• When I first went to the page I had these two huge yellow icons show up for around 2 seconds before the page actually loaded. I would get rid of that. I thought I was going to have to scroll down to find any content before it finally loaded.

• My eyes are immediately drawn to the form fields. I skip over your headline and don't really know what why I would complete the form field. You are putting the cart before the horse. You need to answer "where am I" and "what can I do here" immediately or you lose them.

• I had to make myself go back above and read the headline rather than being drawn to it (see previous bullet). I hesitate to think starting  a headline with "Pay Monthly" is a good idea. Tell them how they will benefit. Let the installment plan be a feature.

I would start with those things because people probably aren't making it much past that. Hope that helps.

David

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes I had the exact same issues as David, I think he completely nailed it on all points.  The huge yellow icons and slow load time need to be fixed. Then i was annoyed that the page is trying to sign me up to make monthly payments before i can even understand what's being offered. 

Monthly payments could be a plus for some, but that is a big assumption.  Many people may not want to pay that way. 

Also any time you show a person on a web page the attention will be instantly drawn to that.  I thought I was looking at a page about beauty products or perhaps fitness. 

Like David said, the focus of this forum is support for Google AdWords technical issues.  If you search Google for "landing page hosting services" you will find forums which will thoroughly critique your landing pages, with plenty of CRO experts participating. 

hth