AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Improving my campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been using google adwords a few years now and I have a construction company with basically 4 campaigns roofing masonry gutters chimneys I spent about $500 a day, somedays it doesn't even reach that if I set bids higher. The reason I'm asking I have a competitor which has the same spend a day same categories as I do but received a lot more leads and calls then I do. His cost of clicks is also lower and his website is very old and not as efficient as mine. I have tried everything but the only thing I can think of since his clicks are so much lower is he is using a lot lower cost and far more keywords than I am any help would be good thanks 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Improving my campaigns

Eva Rising Star
Rising Star
# 2
Eva Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi @Pat C

Unfortunately, there is not enough information provided to answer your question. How well is your campaign optimized? What is your targeting location? Do you have a remarketing campaign to draw back non-converted users to your website? Do you review search terms on a regular basis to add negative keywords to your account? Do you update your ad copy to make it more relevant and engaging?? What is the quality score of your keywords? What is your CTR? What bidding strategy do you use? Do you analyze on-site user behavior to understand if the content on the website and your offer are relevant to visitors?

Also, how do you know that your competitor driving more traffic and more leads from Adwords and not from organic results? 

There is no one successful strategy, unfortunately, to create a well-performing campaign and receive leads, optimization will depend on your business, location, competition and other factors.

Regards,
Eva

Improving my campaigns

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I'm curious too about your match type?  Maybe it's too narrow.  

Is your geography to small or tight?

Are you using call extensions for phone calls?