Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Improve landing page. Nothing works.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

I cant seem to get the landing page part of the keyword to show as avg, or even above avg.

My keyword is "live chat software" and the page is http://www.imsupporting.com 

I cant see how the page can possibly be more relevent...

Thoughts?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Improve landing page. Nothing works.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Graham,

I have reviewed your web page http://www.imsupporting.com/ .. landing page should be according to ROI point of view so that you can get the maximum clicks and sales. Currently your landing page is very long. It needs to re-design. Please compare your page with https://www.zopim.com/?z_campaign=AW_[S]_ChatKW_Broad_IN_lp-home&gclid=CJj1n9WUtb0CFa2t4god4W8A9Q

Page should be user friendly and easy attract. Hope you are getting my point. Please revert me back for any doubt.

Thanks
Jas

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply!
So you think remove some content from the page?

At one point the page did have less on it, But then there was moaning about Google not liking the lack of content. Almost seems a lose/lose situation here.

May give it a try. ty

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Graham, I am not asking to remove all content .. but it should be limited and you know Adwords need optimization on the regular base. WE need to check keywords performance regular. Need to add more keywords time to time and remove low performance keywords to reduce the CPC.

There are lots of factor which helps to increase sales in adwords - like good landing page, ad text, keywords, location, bounce rate, cpc etc. So you need to work on all factors.

Thanks

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hey Graham,

This is a great question. In addition to the awesome advice that Jaswinder has given you I'd like to give you my personal opinion. One major difference I see between your link and the link that Jaswinder has provided is you are missing the benefit to the customer. There are tons of chat software on the market, why should I (as the customer) sign up for yours?  

On the link that Jaswinder has provided they have why the customer should join beyond just listing the features. They have put upfront and center a solution to a customer problem. 

So think about your customer. If I am a customer looking for chat software what is the real problem that I am trying to solve. Put that emotionally-charged solution upfront and center on your landing page. You may need to test the copy until you find what works but I would start there. 

I hope that helps you. We're all pulling for you.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hey Graham,

I'll give you a couple other ideas on your landing page. Page load time is a significant factor in the QS. Google's page speed is giving you a very low score for both mobile and desktop device. This is somewhat typical of WordPress sites, but there are some things you can do to improve this. Take a look at this tool: http://developers.google.com/speed/insights/ It will give you suggestions on how to improve the page load time. You will be able to fix some of this, but no all of it. I recently found this new tool and went through all this with our WP site and was at least able to get it up to 54/100 for mobile--you are currently at 37/100. You can optimize your images and set browser caching. You won't be able to move the .js or .css file loads to after the page renders above the fold. You might be able to work on server response time. You can enable compression. Minifying the css could be difficult, and the .css provided by WP indicates it has been minified.

Take a look at all that stuff and see if you can fix it.

The next thing I see is there is no real copy above the fold, just an image and a sign up form. That's going to cause a high bounce rate. The bounce rate may be used as a measure of user experience, we really don't know much about that but many have suggested this might be true. Even if Google doesn't use it as a measure, you should be. "Relevancy" has little to do with using keywords on the landing page from your account, or matching the offer to the ad copy. The user experience is the major thing. You may be better off designing a landing page specifically for your AdWords campaign rather than use your home page.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords