Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Improve Quality Score

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there!

I have a keyword "in circuit programmer" in an ad group "In Circuit Programmer".

the keyword "in circuit programmer"'s quality score has been dropped 7 to 2, and I didn't even change a thing. I thought some ad texts were not making sense, so I changed some of them to be more relevant but somehow failed to raise QS. And now I got a diagnosis that my landing page is below average, which doesn't make sense because similar keyword "in circuit programming" says that landing page is average.

At this point I'm confused to try anything. please tell me what I should fix. Thank you!

Landing Page URL : http://xeltek.com/in-circuit-programming-icp-in-asystem-programming-serial-programming

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Improve Quality Score

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Yong ho,

How long ago did you try changing the ad text to improve the quality score? The estimate you see in your account updates based on the keyword's performance in auctions, so if it has not yet had a number of new impressions since you made that change, there may not be enough data yet to see a difference.

The other thing I would check on is the search terms report. Try pulling up the report for this particular keyword (you can hit the checkmark to the left of it, then go to Details > Search Terms > Selected). Make sure you're not showing for irrelevant traffic on this particular term, as that can hurt your expected click-through-rate.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie,

I changed the ad text about a week ago, and still I haven't noticed any changes with the keyword. Do you know how much time does it take to make changes for quality score in average?

And I also checked search term report too. I already have clean results and the keyword 'in circuit programmer' is in there too.

In this situation, what do I have to do?

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi Yong ho,

There isn't an average time it takes for quality score to change because it gets updated every time a keyword enters an auction. So if your keyword gets 1,000 impressions per day, you will see changes much more quickly than if you get only 5 impressions per day. It all depends on the volume of your campaign. This also explains why you may have different quality scores at given times for similar keywords, since they may get different amounts of traffic.

Other things you can do are to make sure you're using ad extensions and specific match types (not just broad match) for expected click-through-rate, and confirming on the Mobile-Friendly Test and Page Speed Insights that your landing page is operating optimally.

Cassie