# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My landing page has the following results:

1. 5.64% bounce rate

2. 73.33% exit rate

3. 993 visits

4, 87.66% new users

5. 1.88 Pages/Session

I want to underline that users can't navigate to the landing page through my website. The landing page is available via search ads only.

Question:

Why the bounce rate is so low, if we see that the exit rate is so high?

This is my landing page.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Maxim V
September 2015

Re: Impossible Bounce Rate and Exit Rate

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello. That page triggers events and if you don't want events to affect your bounce rate you need to set the opt_noninteraction parameter to true, as outlined here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/eventTrackerGuide#non-interaction
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
events and duplicate pageviews may be the reason

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

if your landing page has only 1 or 2 pages then exit rate has to be high naturally, Visitors have to leave from one of your pages right?

Bounce Rate: Bounce Rate is the percentage of single-page sessions (i.e. sessions in which the person left your site from the entrance page without interacting with the page).

So in theory your landing page should have a high bounce rate. The only way it's not going to up as a bounce is if the user reloads the page or some kind of redirect is happening right after the user gets to the landing page. 

Look in analytics and see how many users click on your buttons or go to the next page. If this number is high then your bounce rate is probably correct. If this number is low then your bounce rate is probably really off. 

Look in Analytic and look for all URLs your visitors have been to in a session and in what order. That might give you some clues.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Maxim V
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello. That page triggers events and if you don't want events to affect your bounce rate you need to set the opt_noninteraction parameter to true, as outlined here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/eventTrackerGuide#non-interaction
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks! I will try this out.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks also trying

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭