AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Importing Lists and display Ads to different accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm strugling with this problem. I had to create an account and transfer some of the campaigns that I had in other account. I did it through Adwords Editor, but I had (or I'm having some problems) and I'm wondering if anyone could help me:

1 - Some of the campagins were remarketing ones. Is it possible to copy a remarketing list from a campaign to another campaign (different account)? Well, I tried and I couldn't but perhaps ther is another way to do it or another way to solve the problem. The problem is to get the same remarketing list on the new account.

2 - Same doubt but regarding display ads, as Adwords Editor didn't paste them to the new campaing in the different account.

Thanks

Re: Importing Lists and display Ads to different accounts

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Joao

#You can't import a re-marketing list to another account as each Adwords account have its own unique id which is used in both re-marketing and conversion tracking code which is used by cookies to identify that which Adwords account get the attribute to the pixel fired.

#For display ads issue, i request you to be more specific about your question. What i understood is that your display ads are not transfered to the new account, i think display ads need the original file which is used which used earlier and they need to be uploaded again.

Abhishek

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

For Q1 : read this message , it could be a solution for you

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Improve-results/Can-you-share-a-list-size-with-another-Adwor...

For Q2 : Display Ads seem to be supported in a limited way according to this feature list from AdWords editor 

https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/38660?hl=en

but I think a google representative could also help you to migrate these Ads.

I am curious as to why would you use the same Ads in a new account. Shouldn't a new account be used to advertise for other sites ? However this is a retoric question Smiley Happy

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Adrian for that re-marketing list update. I am glad to know that its possible to migrate the re-marketing list between two accounts. Thanks Again.

Abhishek

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I didn;t know that was possible too, until I saw that message from Rakesh. It is a very rare request around here.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Ya, I tried to dig in more about it just now but didn't found anything much useful related to that.
Any ways thanks for the update.

Abhishek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there,

thank you for the clarifications. I'm going to read the link about remarketing lists.
Regarding Adrian quastion, is simple. I want the same display ads because now i have to accounts one for the site one for a landing page, so i can trigger the same keywords. If i had the landing pages and site campaigns in the same account i wasn't able to trigger the same keywords to both.

So, i need the display ads anyway to the other account. Thanks Smiley Wink

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

In this case you do know you risk to have both accounts suspended don't you ? Smiley Happy

Read this policy about : Double serving 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Well, I think I explain myself right. Thank you for your alert.