Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Importing Lists and display Ads to different accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm strugling with this problem. I had to create an account and transfer some of the campaigns that I had in other account. I did it through Adwords Editor, but I had (or I'm having some problems) and I'm wondering if anyone could help me:

1 - Some of the campagins were remarketing ones. Is it possible to copy a remarketing list from a campaign to another campaign (different account)? Well, I tried and I couldn't but perhaps ther is another way to do it or another way to solve the problem. The problem is to get the same remarketing list on the new account.

2 - Same doubt but regarding display ads, as Adwords Editor didn't paste them to the new campaing in the different account.

Thanks

Re: Importing Lists and display Ads to different accounts

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Joao

#You can't import a re-marketing list to another account as each Adwords account have its own unique id which is used in both re-marketing and conversion tracking code which is used by cookies to identify that which Adwords account get the attribute to the pixel fired.

#For display ads issue, i request you to be more specific about your question. What i understood is that your display ads are not transfered to the new account, i think display ads need the original file which is used which used earlier and they need to be uploaded again.

Abhishek

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

For Q1 : read this message , it could be a solution for you

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Improve-results/Can-you-share-a-list-size-with-another-Adwor...

For Q2 : Display Ads seem to be supported in a limited way according to this feature list from AdWords editor 

https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/38660?hl=en

but I think a google representative could also help you to migrate these Ads.

I am curious as to why would you use the same Ads in a new account. Shouldn't a new account be used to advertise for other sites ? However this is a retoric question Smiley Happy

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Adrian for that re-marketing list update. I am glad to know that its possible to migrate the re-marketing list between two accounts. Thanks Again.

Abhishek

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I didn;t know that was possible too, until I saw that message from Rakesh. It is a very rare request around here.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Ya, I tried to dig in more about it just now but didn't found anything much useful related to that.
Any ways thanks for the update.

Abhishek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there,

thank you for the clarifications. I'm going to read the link about remarketing lists.
Regarding Adrian quastion, is simple. I want the same display ads because now i have to accounts one for the site one for a landing page, so i can trigger the same keywords. If i had the landing pages and site campaigns in the same account i wasn't able to trigger the same keywords to both.

So, i need the display ads anyway to the other account. Thanks Smiley Wink

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

In this case you do know you risk to have both accounts suspended don't you ? Smiley Happy

Read this policy about : Double serving 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Well, I think I explain myself right. Thank you for your alert.