AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Importing Ecommerce to Analytics?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I have installed ecommerce in google analytics 1 day before. now its tracking the transaction (i havent yet got transaction from cpc i got from direct source), and i have enabled data sharing , linked with adwords long time ago.... So finally when i went and try import conversion into adwords, "import from analytics" option is disabled. Can anyone help me out. Should i have to wait for any particular period for that to show? will it show when i get transaction from cpc, or anyother reason? 

Thanks,

Praveen

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Importing Ecommerce to Analytics?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Praveen, 

Welcome to adwords community, 

Please ensure that you had linked with your adwords account and your analytics account with same email id. For linking with your adwords read this http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1704341

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Praveen,

You will only get the option of importing goals from Analytics once there is a goal completion happened via Google Adwords and not any other source of traffic because this is something which you are intergrating the data for paid traffic i.e Google Adwords. So in my opinion, you should wait till that import button becomes enable for you and you can import the data.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2617364

In the meantime, you might be interested in using Adwords conversion tracking script and install it on goal completion page i.e. check out page (I am assuming this might be the last page which a user sees after completing the transaction). 

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1722054

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Praveen,

You say you set up eCommerce tracking in Analytics. eCommerce transactions can not be imported to AdWords as a conversion, only Analytics Goals can be imported.

I would agree with Pankaj, the AdWords conversion script is better for tracking an eCommerce site. With that code, you can provide the amount of the sale to AdWords reports to get a more accurate ROI calculation.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Praveen,

Completely agree with Peter. The Adwords code that will track the E-Commerce transaction value once you tweak it to will give you the accurate value for your SEM conversions. However, you should keep E-Commerce tracking working as well since it will give you an insight into the products that you have sold etc.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Praveen,

I did not intend to imply you use the AdWords conversion code only. Leave the eCommerce tracking scripts in place and add the AdWords conversion code. When you go to the eCommerce reporting section of Analytics, you will be able to segment for paid traffic vs. unpaid traffic conversions. There will be some differences between AdWords conversions and Analytics eCommerce because of the difference in the way they attribute the conversion.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords