Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Implementing dynamic search ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I wanted to run a dynamic search ad and I got this error

URL must contain {lpurl}, {lpurlpath}, {unescapedlpurl}, or {escapedlpurl}.

I am new to this.

I am not sure where to put this in the url. I am using google analytics.

www.example.com/?matchtype={matchtype}&keyword={keyword}&device={device}&adposition={aposition}

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Implementing dynamic search ad

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Roman,

You will have to add ?Param1=value, unless your using auto-tracking or your LP has parameters then it should automatically change the ? To a &

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric Gehler (Badged Google Partner)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Roman,

In simple terms if you want create DSAs, then you don't need to add any parameters because your landing page is dynamically picked by Google based on how well your website is indexed and other factors related to organic presence. You can read more on how to create DSAs here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3249700

If you still want to add the parameters, then I would suggest you to read this reference for more insights: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549100

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for that and I have looked at those. The problem I have is now that GA analytics provides me with the (not provided) or (not set) keywords in its reports as well, as well as adgroup (not set) . How would I work around this or implement it correctly so I can see that.

my dynamic url in the dynamic search add now look like this:

{unescapedlpurl}&keyword={keyword}&matchtype={matchtype}

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Try using search query parameters instead {param}, like you should know there is no keywords in dynamic search campaigns. So you must use an alternate search query related parameters in URL's. keyword={param}