2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Image ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have few content campaigns for different countries, i have assigned few text ads as well as image ads. My Question here is: Why image ads are not getting much impressions and text ads are working in content campaigns? In content campaigns image ads should get preference but only text ads are performing better. I am wondering why it is like this?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Image ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Nidhi,

The prime factor here is that Display ads are large in size and require more space while getting displayed on the placements available under Google Display Network as compared to regular text ads. That's the reason, sometimes text ads qualified more during the ad auction compared to display ads.

You should try and create display ads either in separate ad groups or if possible, create a dedicated Display ads campaign. You should also be bidding higher for display ads compared to text ads on Display network. Also try to match with the color combination of placements where you want to show your display ads. Here are some more tips around how to create effective display ads: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722134?hl=en

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Nidhi,

Welcome to the AdWords Community!!

Some of the placements sites only accept Text ads and some of the sites accept images.
It is the chances that your ads appear on those website, which has Text ads inventory.
In order to increase the impression on image ads, keep image ads in different ad group and campaign, but bid high as compared to text ads. Running text ads and image ads in different ad groups helps better campaign management and can play with bids as per your business objective.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Nidhi,

Some great advice you have here from Pankaj & Rakesh. I would definitely suggest you split your text and image ads campaign and test them. In my experience, text ads will go on to receive more traction as compared to the image ads (purely because of their smaller size) and are also better performing in terms of recording conversions.

But if you wish to reach out more with your image ads, do keep their bids higher as compared to the text ad campaigns/adgroups.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"