5.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Image Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have been trying for 2 days to create image Ads. I can create text ads no problem. Please can somebody help me with the below issues.

1 - When I upload images I can select them. whenever I hover over the 'Use As' option I get no options. I have tried hundreds of different sized images and always the same. (See image)

2 - It tells me to select an ad group but non of my ad groups show up. I have tried to type the name in but it doesn't recognise any ad groups. Do I need to create a specific type of ad group for image ads?

You help would be greatly appreciated as I know it really should not be so hard to create an ad.

Thank You

Stuart

Usa As.jpgSelect Ad Group.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Image Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Stuart M,

1. If the images do not comply with size requirements, such as the ratio required... the image will not be able to be selected for that purpose. I do not think this is your issue... as I think #2 (below) applies.

2. You cannot create image ads for the Search Network, where you are likely using your text ads. You need to create a Display Network campaign (or another type that allows image ads) with at least one ad group. Please take a look at this very helpful chart and data covering the details.

If you click on All campaigns at the top left of the menu stack and then click on the Ads tab and then + Ad, you will be presented with various options to create new ads (all types), yet if there are no campaigns present that can use image ads... you will not be able to assign the ad to a ad group (since it does not exist) or proceed to save it.

You might enjoy utilizing Tips for creating effective display ads

Kind Regards,

James