5.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Image Ads doesn't show

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, i set a campaign for image ads. i already manually set the placement to specific site, but it's been a week and my ads never have the impression. i'm using CPM at the moment with daily budget set to $50.

My bidding option is Focus on impressions - use maximum CPM bids

My Networks setting: Managed placements, audiences, and topics

On Display Network tab:

Display Keywords: i don't set any

Placements: Status is Eligible, but when i click on the hint:

"

Showing ads right now?
No

You don't have enough Google AdSense pageviews yet to diagnose the combination of your current campaign settings and targeting criteria."

What should i do so the ads can show up ?

Re: Image Ads doesn't show

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey There Veeco,

Two things I would try:

1.) Possibly try to broaden your targeting options.

2.) Have you checked and made sure that your the dimensions of your image ads are supported by the site you are targeting? Google Ad Planner is a great site, which informs you of dimensions supported by various sites. You are also able to find similar sites to target.

Hope these help.

Thanks,

BI

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Veeco,

I think there is some problem with your campaign targeting.

Cross check in Display network tab to ensure that apart from Placements you have chosen, nothing else has been selected in rest of the tabs.

Additinaly, cross check your Campaign's geo targeting. In case if you have a very niche geo-targeting, try to expand that a little bit, as Display network targeting usually doesn't work effectively like search network towards a niche geo-targeted campaign.

~Rehan

~Rehan

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

"You don't have enough Google AdSense pageviews yet to diagnose the combination of your current campaign settings and targeting criteria."

I get confused about this one... It seems like it's saying there are no display network ads shown on that specific page/placement.

But, sometimes it seems to mean you have to raise your bids, to acheive a high enough adrank to show an ad on that page/placement.

Are you certain these are google display network ads on this page/placement? Your bid, not your daily budget (unless you are using auto bidding), is not mentioned. Perhaps raising your bid will allow ads to show.

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Bluelon

1. Should i add "display keywords" ? does broaden my target options includes add more placement ?

2. yes its supported (confirmed by placement tools)

I want to know if adding more placement will make the bid lower or vice versa or there's no relation between number of placements and bids ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Rehan

"Cross check in Display network tab to ensure that apart from Placements you have chosen, nothing else has been selected in rest of the tabs."

Yes i confirmed that

"Additinaly, cross check your Campaign's geo targeting. In case if you have a very niche geo-targeting, try to expand that a little bit, as Display network targeting usually doesn't work effectively like search network towards a niche geo-targeted campaign."

Here's my geo targeting at the moment, it's a country level (coz there's no city for Indonesia)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@tomhalejr

"It seems like it's saying there are no display network ads shown on that specific page/placement"

here's the placement tools and the "display network" tab > placement screenshot

"Your bid, not your daily budget (unless you are using auto bidding), is not mentioned. Perhaps raising your bid will allow ads to show."

is this trial and error process ? because i don't know  estimated CPM i should bid ... is there any place that i can look into ?

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Veeco,

I tend to add display keywords. This helps by showing my ads next to relevant content. However, it depends on what your advertising goals are. If you want as much exposure as possible and it doesn't matter where your ads show, then you don't need to add keywords. 

Google Display Network Targeting Options

Broadening both your geographical targeting (as long as it makes sense) and adding more placements will increase exsposure.

There is not a relationship between the number of placements & bid or cpc. 

Thanks,

BI