AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Image Ads Served less than 1% in my campaign.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dears,
I need to know why my image ads served less than 1%, instead.. the normal text ad served above 90%!

I want people to see my image Ads, but it seems here is something wrong!

I was planning to stop the text Ad to improve the image Ads displaying in public, but I preferred to ask and learn first. Smiley Happy

Please Advise. thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Image Ads Served less than 1% in my campaign.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Drive,

I would start looking at two things initially. First, Image ads are more expensive as compare to text ads. Bids for image are generally higher. May be you need to make tweaks in bids and then see if they are covering impressions. Second, I am not sure if you are running automatic or manual placement targeting campaign. If Manual you need to make sure placements you are targeting shows both image and text ads.

I generally prefer to have separate adgroup for Image and Text Ads.

Hope that helps!

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

In addition to what Neha has said. If you're only running one size of ad, the number of sites and pages that will run your ad may be very limited. You may want to create your image ad in every format that we allow to increase your chance of showing. As Image ads only run on select Display Network sites, and the format of your ad must match the size and format accepted by each website.

For example, if you've uploaded a 160x600 wide skyscraper ad, make sure the site you're looking for your ad on accepts ads in that format. You can use Display Planner to see which ad formats are accepted by specific sites. You may also want to create an image ad in every format that we allow to cover all your bases.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Drive 7,

I agree with Neha and Ahmed's suggestions. Text ads often show more frequently because there are often more placements available for text ads. This is especially true if you aren't using all of the image sizes.

Are your budgets capped? I like to separate image ads and text ads into separate campaigns so that you can set the same budget for each and ensure that the text ads don't use up all of the budgets before the image ads have a chance.

Hope this helps!

Amy Bishop, Clix Marketing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much, I will add more images with all sizes supported by Google and try to follow your advice. Smiley Happy I hope this is it!

Thank you Neha, Ahmad and Amy.

-

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Glad could help!
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’