AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

If I use Modified Broad for main keyword and how it works?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So for example, I am targeting a specific location and using a list of keywords. And most of the keywords are related to main keyword which is Driving School as following:

+Driving +School  

" Driving School Sydney"

" Best Driving School"

" Cheap Driving School"

[nearby driving school] and similar keywords.

My question is if I have used +Driving +School then why do I need to add all other keywords that has driving school in it?  As I am only targeting Driving School as main keyword so what's the use of adding other matching options?

Hope you guys understand my question?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mo101
November

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Mo101,

More relevant your keyword with the user's query more is the CTR.

Consequently your keywords will have better QS. Also, you will get conversions at lower cost with specific keywords and tight match types.

Let's assume that you are using +driving +school.

Now, ads will show on:

driving school license, how to open driving school and more all these irrelevant queries will increase your cost and/or will downgrade your CTR. But at the same time will expand your reach for those queries which you have missed to add as your keywords.

*Use a list of generic negative keywords and add negatives after reviewing search terms to restrict the ads for irrelevant queries.

While if you use "driving school near me" as your keyword, it reflects that user would be looking for school to learn the driving.

Hence, targeted users with service buying intent providing conversions on fewer clicks.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mo101
November

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Mo101,

More relevant your keyword with the user's query more is the CTR.

Consequently your keywords will have better QS. Also, you will get conversions at lower cost with specific keywords and tight match types.

Let's assume that you are using +driving +school.

Now, ads will show on:

driving school license, how to open driving school and more all these irrelevant queries will increase your cost and/or will downgrade your CTR. But at the same time will expand your reach for those queries which you have missed to add as your keywords.

*Use a list of generic negative keywords and add negatives after reviewing search terms to restrict the ads for irrelevant queries.

While if you use "driving school near me" as your keyword, it reflects that user would be looking for school to learn the driving.

Hence, targeted users with service buying intent providing conversions on fewer clicks.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’