AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

If I click my ad takes me to Google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just set up my adwords and when I do a search on Google it takes me to my ad. But when I click on my ad it just goes to google and not my web page. Could anyone help ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: If I click my ad takes me to Google

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You should check your display and destination URL in your ads. http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6313

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

In addition to Kim_Clink's answer, the Ad and Keyword can have seperate destination URLs. The keyword will trump the ad URL. So make sure the URL you want to send traffic to is correct in both locations.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You should check your display and destination URL in your ads. http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6313

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

In addition to Kim_Clink's answer, the Ad and Keyword can have seperate destination URLs. The keyword will trump the ad URL. So make sure the URL you want to send traffic to is correct in both locations.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@JordonMeyer - good point about KW level dest url's!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Jordon...Thanks for you help...I have gone to keywords but not sure where to check it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I checked..they are both the same...palmtreetrimmingsd.com  If I try to open my web site not using adwords it opens just find. But if I click on by ad it will not open....

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

To be honest , I would like to suggest you spend 25-40 $  a year for a proper  host,  build yourself a 4-5 page website with information that convinces potential clients to hire you,  and only then start with advertising through Google AdWords.

With the landing page you have at the moment there is a fair risc your account wil be suspended soon.  Google AdWords is looking for Quality Landing Pages more and more.

As for the clics going to Google, I advice you to have your computer checked for malware and virusses.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Question  ; Why has this Topic already been tagged as Solved ?  it obvious isn't !