AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

If I add an ad to an ad group does the cost come from the campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That question is a tongue twister! 

I am working with an already running AdWords account and I would like to add more text ads to the ad groups. My only fear is that I will ad the ad's and raise the budget too much. So by adding more ads, is it the same as it would be adding more keywords (just drawing from the daily budget?) or do they just fund from the total budget?

Also, when I do add the text ads, can those be set at auto default max. CPC bid?

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, I am just so lost. The more I try to find the answers myself the more I get confused.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Natalie W
September 2015

Re: If I add an ad to an ad group does the cost come from the campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Natalie W,

Ads do not cost more. You pay per click on keywords. You do not pay more for ads. Only one ad from your account will show on any SERP.

The keywords run on your daily budget. Ads in a group will rotate according to the campaign settings. You do not set a bid for the ad, only for keywords. The ad can affect your QS. If the QS goes down, you could end up paying more per click, but none of that affects your daily budget. Google will deliver up to 20% over your daily budget, but guarantees the monthly spend will be the daily budget x 30.5 days or less.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Natalie - you can add as many ads as you like, it will not affect the spend directly. It can affect your spend indirectly, because the new ads you wrote are better, and therefore people are more eager to click on it.

Note that YOU are the only one raising the budget (simply by setting a campaign's budget from $ 5,- to $ 10,-, for example). How much is used up of that budget is affected by a number of things, like amount of keywords, keyword match type, regional targeting and CTR (which is in turn influenced by the quality of your ads).

Does that help you?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Natalie W,

Ads do not cost more. You pay per click on keywords. You do not pay more for ads. Only one ad from your account will show on any SERP.

The keywords run on your daily budget. Ads in a group will rotate according to the campaign settings. You do not set a bid for the ad, only for keywords. The ad can affect your QS. If the QS goes down, you could end up paying more per click, but none of that affects your daily budget. Google will deliver up to 20% over your daily budget, but guarantees the monthly spend will be the daily budget x 30.5 days or less.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Natalie - you can add as many ads as you like, it will not affect the spend directly. It can affect your spend indirectly, because the new ads you wrote are better, and therefore people are more eager to click on it.

Note that YOU are the only one raising the budget (simply by setting a campaign's budget from $ 5,- to $ 10,-, for example). How much is used up of that budget is affected by a number of things, like amount of keywords, keyword match type, regional targeting and CTR (which is in turn influenced by the quality of your ads).

Does that help you?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Natalie,

Just adding new ads is not going to cost you more as you do not pay for directly for this, you pay for clicks on these ads, if the new ads added were better in terms of relevancy they drive more clicks and more traffic to your website. At the end only one Ad from an AdWords account will show up in the search engine results.

Happy Advertising!

Cheers!
SaiChand T

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Natalie,

Adding more points to it, You don't have to set any MAX CPC. You set MAX CPC on the keywords not on Ads if the ad is triggred from any Keyword which have a max cpc of $3 and user click on that ad then you are entitled to pay maximum of $3.