2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Icons

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
On Mobile Google page icons of different local attractions scrolling east-to west to be tapped to activate ex:gas,coffee,dining,fast food,attractions,and local or nearby by GPS. is missing ! ! One month ago.

Re: Icons

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Michelangelo D,

Would you mind elaborating on your question and providing a screenshot? I'm not entirely sure which icons you're speaking about. Are you referring to the ones you can set up with location extensions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If I had screenshot on my Google or internet page then that would mean my Google/internet was working ! ! I don't and can't be anymore explicit and you could do a better job besides looking down at me from your big nose;
You "People " need to sharpen your customer service skills! My number is 513.766.1536. The real problem started when I opted-out of advertisements from Google on that page,maybe give that a look see and tell me how to in plain English to opt-in on my internet icon on my new HTC ONE PHONE FROM SPRINT and I opted-out on my old HTC EVO 4G PHONE FROM SPRINT

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
Hi Michelangelo,

I really do want to help you, but I'm still not quite sure what you're asking. Are you saying you opted out of ads on your phone and now you want to opt back in?

I'm sorry I don't understand, but if you can maybe point to an article on the internet that will show me what you're talking about, I can point you in the right direction.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I opted-out of ads in myGoogle settings on the Googlle-internet page so I would never be bothered with Google knowing my preferences of what I liked or didn't like because I felt my privacy was being invaded. This in turn caused my GPS or location would never show again on the Google Homepage when you press the Internet Icon. The icons at the bottom of the same page of the mobile phone disappeared after I OPTED-OUT of all my NAI agency that rules over some 5,000 ad agencies that work for Google to find out what my preferrences are so they would tailor my ads on You Tube,Google and my apps that interest me to buy and peek my interests ! Now I no longer have the graphics also at the bottom of the Internet homepage showing fort example fast food,gas,ATM"S,coffee,and attractions in my nearby area because my preferences from opting out from ad preferences from the NAI GROUP of ad agencies and the BDE GROUP of ad agencies with apprx.2,000 agecies. Without your preferences and your locationgraphics ese agencies you lose the gtaphics and your location is missing from Google/Internet page ! Please callbecause my typing is not tthat good ! My Tele # is again 513.766.1536 For clarification . Thank You Sincerely Michelangelo David

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I opted-out of ads in myGoogle settings on the Googlle-internet page so I would never be bothered with Google knowing my preferences of what I liked or didn't like because I felt my privacy was being invaded. This in turn caused my GPS or location would never show again on the Google Homepage when you press the Internet Icon. The icons at the bottom of the same page of the mobile phone disappeared after I OPTED-OUT of all my NAI agency that rules over some 5,000 ad agencies that work for Google to find out what my preferrences are so they would tailor my ads on You Tube,Google and my apps that interest me to buy and peek my interests ! Now I no longer have the graphics also at the bottom of the Internet homepage showing fort example fast food,gas,ATM"S,coffee,and attractions in my nearby area because my preferences from opting out from ad preferences from the NAI GROUP of ad agencies and the BDE GROUP of ad agencies with apprx.2,000 agecies. Without your preferences and your locationgraphics ese agencies you lose the gtaphics and your location is missing from Google/Internet page ! Please callbecause my typing is not tthat good ! My Tele # is again 513.766.1536 For clarification . Thank You Sincerely Michelangelo David

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager

Hi Michelangelo,

Thanks for clarifying.

So deciding to opt out of ads shouldn't affect the basic functionality of the Chrome app (I'm assuming you're using Chrome?).

Here's a screenshot of what my search page on my mobile phone looks like today. I'm opted in to seeing ads, but I don't see any icons for ATMs or the like.

icon.jpg

I'm thinking any changes you're noticing might be due to recent updates to Google Maps (there was update that happened in the past few weeks)? But like I say, this update is not affected in any way by you choosing not to view ads.

If you want to inquire more about what changed with the update or if there's any workaround to get those icons back (I don't think there is), you might want to check out the Google Maps community here: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/maps