AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I want to use Google Adwords to promote my Youtube videos, but I'm under 18. Can I make one?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just want to know that because i'm under 18, it is safe to make a Google Adwords account.

Re: I want to use Google Adwords to promote my Youtube videos, but I'm under 18. Can I make one?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi moneyman2j

Welcome to Adwords community

Its really great to know that youngsters want to start using adwords. God i am starting to feel old Smiley Happy

Sadly google adwords policy strictly says you have to be 18+  to open adwords account, but i guess you can get help from parent of mentor to open adwords account in their name and you can run it. (make sure you dont end up spending all their money Smiley Very Happy

Ref: http://support.google.com/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1350409

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Re: I want to use Google Adwords to promote my Youtube videos, but I'm under 18. Can I make one?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just one more question. Should I use their Google account or my google account?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
moneyman2j - i would say it is best to use their Google account for this, as you will be using their name on the AdWords account it will help with consistency.

Thanks,
Matt