AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I want to start Youtube ads via my google account - how/is this possible?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an amazon listing that I want to plug - I have a video already created and I wish to target groups of certain videos to hopefully bring traffic to my listing... what is the best way to do this? Any experience of this?

Re: I want to start Youtube ads via my google account - how/is this possible?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Khalaf,

With the agency I work with, we have created video campaigns for the purpose of promotion products and/or services. However, we have not done so for amazon listings. Do you only wish to advertise through the amazon platform or would you be open to having a site? What you are hoping to do has some potential problems associated:

1. The additional layered cost of being charged for clicks (or views, however you set up your bidding for video impressions) in addition to the costs associated with selling on amazon and the percentage they keep. This hurts business value by lowering the profit margin for selling your products.

2. Lack of conversion tracking. Because amazon is a 3rd party domain of which you will not be privy to adding codes or accessing their google analytics, you will be limited on knowing the results of your account performance and being able to optimize your account for it.

But the set up is straightforward: assuming you have an adwords account, you will need to link the youtube channel you posted the video to with your adwords account and create a video campaign. Read more with this support blog: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375497?hl=en.

Let me know if that helps!

Nick

Re: I want to start Youtube ads via my google account - how/is this possible?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Khalaf,

You can run the TrueView video campaign to promote your listings if you want to bring more traffic through video camapaigns. 

Here is the link for more detailshttps://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2375497?hl=en

I would agree with @Nick C that you won't be able to measure the impact of your video campaigns as you can't place tags on a third party website.