3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I want to sell an action-adventure novel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to advertise my action-adventure novel but can't find the appropriate category for it.  Can you help, please?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I want to sell an action-adventure novel

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Howard,

Welcome to the Community!

Are you referring to AdWords Express? If so, there are limited options to choose from, nothing directly relevant to action & adventure novels. Are you looking to target a very small radius? In fact AdWords gives control over keywords in such cases and that's what I'd recommend.

Feel free to write back, if you were referring to something else Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No, I was attempting to advertise nationally (U.S.).

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi again,

So you're unable to find the appropriate category in AdWords to advertise action-adventure novel?

Keywords would be the targeting criteria for a search campaign. If you like to target action-adventure novel readers, you'll have to use relevant keywords in the campaign. Category comes into the picture when you go for a display campaign. Are you trying to find a category in GDN to advertise action-adventure novels? Could you elaborate please?
Sumanth Sridhar

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
HI Howard,

Apart from what Sumanth has suggested here, I recommend you try targeting some lateral themes or related themes which you think your target audience would be interested in. For example, your TG could contain users who are avid readers but are also tarvel enthusiasts or are interested in the Stock market, etc.

By targeting such user interest sets, you can hope to reach out to a variety of audience sets that you would other wise be missing out on targeting when using just Books & Book readers as a theme.

Apart from this, i suggest you target the Authors name as a theme along with other competitor or other Action- Adventure writer names as a theme. Apart from this, also target other Action - Adventure novels there by allowing you to target users interested in similar books.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"