Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I want to remove my phone number from my ad

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I get a lot of calls but no one leaves a message. This is a waste of my time. I also get too many hang ups. I want to remove my phone number. Serious clients can go to my website and contact me from there.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I want to remove my phone number from my ad

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

Have you tried answering the phone when it rings, rather than trying to let all calls go to voicemail? Very often, when people are searching online, they want immediate results--they want to talk to someone or place an order right that moment. 

If you still want to remove your phone number, go to the Ad Extensions tab of your account and pause/delete the Phone extension.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Re: I want to remove my phone number from my ad

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Robin G

That sounds frustrating! How is your phone number in your ad - in the ad text, a call extension? 

If your ad has a call extension, you can remove it by following these easy steps:

1. Open your account in AdWords, click on the Ad Extensions tab in the top menu. 

2. Click on the View: Call extensions button (It may list another extension, click on it to open a drop-down menu and select View: Call extensions).

callext.JPG

3. Scroll down below the +Extension button and check the box next to your call extension. 

4. Click the Edit button and Select Remove.

callext2.JPG

Alternatively, if your business type allows, you can set up an ad schedule for ad groups with call extensions to only show during the hours/days you are available to answer the phone. 

Best, 

Allie