AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I want to grow the number of hits on a YouTube video - what's the best way to do this with adwords?

MSM
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
MSM
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: I want to grow the number of hits on a YouTube video - what's the best way to do this with adwor

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

In Adwords, in the left hand column under "All Online Campaigns" go to "All Video Campaigns".

There, you may set up a video campaign. There are a bunch of different formats you may set up. I've only run a video campaign a couple times but I found some success in creating a 15 second version to use as YouTube preroll, linking it to the full video.

Also, I found that negative keywords are incredibly important. My business is pretty niche so I really had to stay on top of traffic to get rid of non-relevant searches coming in.

I've also run Interests and Managed Placement Display campaigns with decent success - using both video ads and rotating .gifs with a faux "play" button and a tag "Watch Video".

I'm sure other folks here have dived a bit deeper into video campaigns - I hope I've been helpful!

Edit: Looks like this article might be helpful too: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2375425

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: I want to grow the number of hits on a YouTube video - what's the best way to do this with adwor

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

In Adwords, in the left hand column under "All Online Campaigns" go to "All Video Campaigns".

There, you may set up a video campaign. There are a bunch of different formats you may set up. I've only run a video campaign a couple times but I found some success in creating a 15 second version to use as YouTube preroll, linking it to the full video.

Also, I found that negative keywords are incredibly important. My business is pretty niche so I really had to stay on top of traffic to get rid of non-relevant searches coming in.

I've also run Interests and Managed Placement Display campaigns with decent success - using both video ads and rotating .gifs with a faux "play" button and a tag "Watch Video".

I'm sure other folks here have dived a bit deeper into video campaigns - I hope I've been helpful!

Edit: Looks like this article might be helpful too: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2375425

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Actually Patient Rock I believe there is a lack of knowledge about the Onlinevideo feature in AdWords in general, so it´s really great if you have some experience and could share that with us.

I found some success in creating a 15 second version to use as YouTube preroll, linking it to the full video.

Could you explain that in more detail?

Thanks!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Sorry, think I was using out-dated terminology. Referring to in-stream video: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2375464

Seems obvious to say, but found that shorter videos for in-stream worked much better than longer; likely because they're less obtrusive.