AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I want to do a keyword search for just the state of Texas.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to do a keyword search for just the state of Texas. Can I do this using Google's keyword tool?

Thanks.

Scott

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I want to do a keyword search for just the state of Texas.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Scott, as far as I know you can only narrow a search to a country not a state within it.

Can I ask why you're trying to do this?  It may be there's a better option or it's not actually necessary.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey 

Cobnut is right you cant narrow down to state level in keyword tool.

But if you have a geo targeted campaign you can try adding new keywords and it will give you estimated clicks for those keywords. That should atleast give you a fair idea about what kind of traffic you can expect.

You can create a dummy campaign in paused state and try this with keeping your bids very high

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This was a request from a regional manager in our Texas office. He's trying to see local traffic and how best to target in his region. There may be terminology that works better in Texas than say New York, so he was hoping to see more regional data.

Scott

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Scott, they're are right , but what you can use is google trends. This will give you an idea per region per search query term.

http://www.google.com/trends