AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I request Google to employ more workers for Google Adwords

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

I request Google to employ more workers to work on Google Adwords for approving Image ads or else they need to outsource them to top contributors of the community. My client's image are pending for more than 5 days but the normal time for approving image ads are 1 to 3 business days. Hope my feedback helps Google.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: I request Google to employ more workers for Google Adwords

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi StructuredPPC,

We know we're starting to have a time-to-review problem with non-text ads and with text ads potentially containing sentitive topics like pharmaceuticals and gambling.  It's a shame because until recently we'd gotten the review times and complaint levels to the lowest they'd been in ages.

We're working on fixing the problem, but since it's mostly due to a higher incoming rate of ads, the fix will mostly be more people to do reviews.  There have also been a few technical problems that slowed the reviewers down, compunded by a few huge dumps of ads from some big advertisers, e.g. 50+M in a single day from a single advertiser who was misbehaving. (We throttled that advertiser's API quota way down until we talked to them and got them to promise to behave.)

The Ad Quality operations team is working on hiring more reviewers.   New reviewers typically aren't trusted with sensitive ads or non-text ads unti they've had a bit more training than usual, so it can take a while for new staffing to make a big difference in the numbers.  We also can't just outsource the sensitive reviews for various legal reasons.

Asking forum TCs to review ads would be like asking them to drink from a toxic firehose.  I can't disclose exactly what our incoming volume is, but the number of ads reviewed by humans is typically above 1 million per day and sometimes much higher.  One night when we were fighting fires I managed to do a million ads myself, though it was easy becausey the were all nearly identical ads from a really sleazy dating site (the "toxic" part of the firehose) and I could mark them "Adult" in huge batches.

That was probably more than you really wanted to year, but I wanted to let you know we hear what you're saying.  We already knew it was a problem because we track stats on these things, but the increasing number of forum posts about delayed reviews confirms it.  Getting the additional people on board to fix the problem is going slowly, but it's going.

Laura

AdWords review engineer

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi StructuredPPC,

We know we're starting to have a time-to-review problem with non-text ads and with text ads potentially containing sentitive topics like pharmaceuticals and gambling.  It's a shame because until recently we'd gotten the review times and complaint levels to the lowest they'd been in ages.

We're working on fixing the problem, but since it's mostly due to a higher incoming rate of ads, the fix will mostly be more people to do reviews.  There have also been a few technical problems that slowed the reviewers down, compunded by a few huge dumps of ads from some big advertisers, e.g. 50+M in a single day from a single advertiser who was misbehaving. (We throttled that advertiser's API quota way down until we talked to them and got them to promise to behave.)

The Ad Quality operations team is working on hiring more reviewers.   New reviewers typically aren't trusted with sensitive ads or non-text ads unti they've had a bit more training than usual, so it can take a while for new staffing to make a big difference in the numbers.  We also can't just outsource the sensitive reviews for various legal reasons.

Asking forum TCs to review ads would be like asking them to drink from a toxic firehose.  I can't disclose exactly what our incoming volume is, but the number of ads reviewed by humans is typically above 1 million per day and sometimes much higher.  One night when we were fighting fires I managed to do a million ads myself, though it was easy becausey the were all nearly identical ads from a really sleazy dating site (the "toxic" part of the firehose) and I could mark them "Adult" in huge batches.

That was probably more than you really wanted to year, but I wanted to let you know we hear what you're saying.  We already knew it was a problem because we track stats on these things, but the increasing number of forum posts about delayed reviews confirms it.  Getting the additional people on board to fix the problem is going slowly, but it's going.

Laura

AdWords review engineer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Awesome insight into what you do Laura - thanks!

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for your acceptance of shortcomings. It would be nice if you would change the time from 1 to 3 days to at least 5 to 7 days so that it may not be misleading to the customers.