AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I recieved an e-mail saying my add was active but when I do a google search it does not appear?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I received the message this morning. Dashboard says 1817 views, 25 click through, but I can't see it using a whole number of obvious searches where we should appear.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I recieved an e-mail saying my add was active but when I do a google search it does not appear?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Robert,

Have you seen your ad at all? If you repeatedly search for the same terms without clicks ads then Google's system recognises your computer and stops showing ads that it thinks you aren't interested in.

If not, is your daily budget limited? AdWords won't serve your ads 100% of the time in this case in an attempt to let your budget last throughout as much of the day as possible.

If neither of the above apply to your situation, I'd recommend checking the status of your keywords. If you navigate to the Keywords tab, you should see a bubble next to each of your keywords which will reveal information when hovering your cursor over it. 

As you can see, there's a few different reasons as to why you can't see your ads, it's just a case of getting more information to work out why.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

I recieved an e-mail saying my add was active but when I do a google search it does not appear?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I cannot see the ad, for whatever reason, then what is the chance anyone else doing so? (which is the whole purpose of placing the ad!). I cannot fixed their browser settings to do so. It cannot be very useful if even I cannot see it when trying multiple key word searches.

I'm confused. All I wanted was to list in the top "Ad" section of a google search (does the ad appear elsewhere?) Other similar local businesses do and they are not as local as myself, so I should at least be listed??

I already list within the top few lines of a normal Google search. There are just a few "Ad" listers who list above that so I thought this was the way to get into that area? Am I doing it all wrong??

Is there a Help file somewhere that explains all this? where I list, when I list relative to a set Budget what  happens after a budget is met etc

Thanks,

Rob

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Robert M
January 2017

Re: I recieved an e-mail saying my add was active but when I do a google search it does not appear?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Robert M,

If I cannot see the ad, for whatever reason, then what is the chance anyone else doing so?

1.) If your campaign is displaying the "Limited budget" status, your ads won't show on 100% of searches as the system will try to make your budget last for the entire day. 

2.) If you have repeatedly been searching for your own ads without clicks ads then Google's system recognises your computer and stops showing ads that it thinks you aren't interested in.

Is there a Help file somewhere that explains all this?

My suggestion would be to pause your ads for now and review the official Help Centre. If you go through these points step by step, you'll have a decent understanding of AdWords by the end of it; then you can consider running your ads once again. If you come across any particular questions or points that you'd like elaborating then feel free to come back here and ask the community Smiley Happy

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.