Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I need to decide on the keyword.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am facing the following situation within a converting account:

The client provides me with additional budget and I need to decide on the keyword I would invest my extra budget with the best possible return. What is your suggested plan of action? (Each keyword is contained in a separate campaign)

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I need to decide on the keyword.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I might be looking into this too simply but if the account is already converting then can't you just identify with keyword generates the best ROI and then apply the additional budget to the campaign containing that keyword?

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi There,

I second what Scott has suggested. After you determine which keyword has the best ROI, you also need to make sure it is able to spend additional budget. If it is capped, try taking a look at Google's suggested budget.

If you pour on more budget to a keyword that isn't currently capped, your budget won't be spent. If this is the case, you should just keep moving down the line to the keyword with the next highest ROI and see if it can spend additional budget. Another suggestion could be to work on a keyword expansion for keywords similar to your current high ROI terms.

Good luck!

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Completely agree with Scott & Amy on this.

I may seem simple but at times the most simplest of answers are the ones that are right. Just look at your keyword performance report to decide on the best ROI generating keywords (in the order of Max ROI to the lowest).

Once you have this data in front of you, you can then decide on the keywords/campaigns where you can invest the additional budget. But as Amy mentioned, adding budget to a maxed out keyword (in terms of spends) will not result in the budget being spent.

In this case, you may want to look into the possibility of adding lateral or related themes to the account to help you spend but at the same time perform for you.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"