AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

2.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I'm lost!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm lost. They want me to make the paymenent BEFORE setting up my campain?  

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I'm lost!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Isaac F,

You'll need to provide payment information when you open your account. You can do manual or automatic payments. Sounds like manual would work for you for now. Your campaigns will only run when you have made a deposit. You can change that later if you want.

With manual payments, you make a deposit of what ever amount you like. You don't need to make a deposit to create a campaign, but you will need a deposit before your ads run. Charges for clicks will be deducted from that deposit amount. With automatic payments, you provide payment information and Google charges only for clicks.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

You need to provide a payment method once setting the account. However, you will NOT be charged unless started a campaign. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Pete and I posted at the same moment; you got the same answer twice..... Smiley Happy Please note, though, that in the USA, manual payment (prepay) is not available, anymore,  for new accounts.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3122375?rd=2

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’