Guide Me
star_border

I'm getting an error message in the Keyword Planner

D D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
D D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I try to do a keyword search in Google Keyword Planner, I keep getting an error message that says:

There was an error with your operation. If you were trying to make a change, it may not have saved.

Please refresh this page to try again. If the error continues, log out of your AdWords account, then log in again and return to this page.

I've tried clearing my browser cache, I rebooted my pc and it still keeps coming up. I'm not sure about how to get rid of it. How do I get rid of this so I can return to using Keyword Planner?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I'm getting an error message in the Keyword Planner

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi DD,

Thank you for your posting. Is this problem still occuring? I've had Support login in to your account to check if they can see the same issue you described but they cannot reproduce it. How far into the process do you get before you get an error message? Have you tried testing it on a different system? Or a different browser? 

If the problem still occurs, I can have our Adwords Support team contact you to fix the issue. 

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
Hi D D,

Which browser are you using? Is this IE? Could you try this operation from a different browser?

Sincerely,

RR

D D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
D D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, the problem is still occurring. I can get to the Keyword Planner site, but when I attempt to search for keyword ideas, I get the error message. The site appears to be working when I logged on in Internet Explorer, but it is giving me the error message when I try to log on in Mozilla Firefox. Mozilla is my preferred browser.

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
Hi DD,

Thanks for the additional information. Can you send me a screenshot of the error message in Firefox? I may need to report this as a possible technical issue with Keyword Planner & Mozilla Firefox but it would be helpful to have the exact error message. Thank you!

D D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
D D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I attached a screenshot of the problem here.

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee
Hi DD,

I don't see any attachment to your last post.

[ Edited ]
D D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
D D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'll go ahead and contact Tech Support as I was advised to do now.

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee
Hi DD,

Just a word of caution. When sharing screenshots, please remember to hide your customer ID and email ID as this can be used to gain information about your AdWords account and could put the security of your account at risk. We'd highly recommend deleting the screenshot you've uploaded earlier and contacting AdWords support about this concern.

Sincerely,

RR

Google Employee
# 10
Google Employee
RR<

Thank you for reminding us about account security.