AdWords
1K members online now
1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I'm concerned about my account security. What should I do?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recieved an email in my Google Apps account from adwords-support@google.com, in French, calling me Jean and asking me to finish setting up my account. There were no suspicious links in the email, but my name is not Jean, I don't speak French, and I don't have an AdWords account set up for the email address where the message was sent. I am concerned that someone accessed AdWords in my name or through my account. I tried logging into AdWords with the email address (josiah.sprague@doulosdiscovery.org) and got the screens for setting up a new account. What happened? Why did I get this strange email?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: I'm concerned about my account security. What should I do?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI josiahsprague

Welcoe to the AdWords community :-)

I understand your concern, I think I too would find this alarming! I've added a couple of links below to give advice about suspicious emails-

Suspicious emails that claim to be from AdWords

Please follow the checklist to identify if the email's origin is legitimate, and if not you can report a possible breach by using the following link

My account was compromised

I hope that you get to the bottom of this issue, good luck! :-)

Kind regards

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: I'm concerned about my account security. What should I do?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI josiahsprague

Welcoe to the AdWords community :-)

I understand your concern, I think I too would find this alarming! I've added a couple of links below to give advice about suspicious emails-

Suspicious emails that claim to be from AdWords

Please follow the checklist to identify if the email's origin is legitimate, and if not you can report a possible breach by using the following link

My account was compromised

I hope that you get to the bottom of this issue, good luck! :-)

Kind regards