Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I'm New to Adwords, Have a Couple Questions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

So I put my CPC at $0.20 & under one of my keywords it says 1st page bid estimate #0.80. So I'm assuming that if it shows up below the 1st page than it'd be less than that? How can I make it show up below the 1st page because I wouldn't mind if it were on the 2nd or 3rd page?

I ave 6 keyword phrases but I just want to use one of them for nowm, how could I do that?

Also 5 out of my 6 keywords the max CPC are shadded out & only one is elgible. Does that mean that they won't get any clicks at all or does it mean that they won't be on the first page, but will still get clicks.

thanks in advance, this is very confusing to me.

I'll probably have a million more questions.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: I'm New to Adwords, Have a Couple Questions

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

There's no way to specifically set which results page you want your ad to show up on. Just focus on a max CPC that makes sense to your campaign and study ways to optimize and improve your ads so that you'll get the best position for the bid amount you're willing to pay.

You can pause indivdual keywords.

If your Keyword in the CPC column has a line through it then it is deleted. If the bid is visible but grayed out then it is a default bid. If the bid is dark then the bid was set for that specific keyword: Default bids and custom bids

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

There's no way to specifically set which results page you want your ad to show up on. Just focus on a max CPC that makes sense to your campaign and study ways to optimize and improve your ads so that you'll get the best position for the bid amount you're willing to pay.

You can pause indivdual keywords.

If your Keyword in the CPC column has a line through it then it is deleted. If the bid is visible but grayed out then it is a default bid. If the bid is dark then the bid was set for that specific keyword: Default bids and custom bids

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

A quick addition to the answer above;

I wouldn't trust much first page bid estimation. There is usually a large variation for this estimation. You might find your ad triggered by a given keywords though the system shows "below first page bid"

Get yourself familiar with search query report , to find which search term matched the keyword that triggered the ad

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’