AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I just created a new app

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've heard about that in Google Adwords . We also can promote our app this is cool but i am wondering how much it will cost how much CPD (Cost Per Download ) It will take .. 

Thanks in advance 

Googler

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: I just created a new app

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

I'm sure we all would love to be able to pay per download Smiley Happy

AdWords charges for clicks on the App Install ad which may lead to conversions - App installs in this case. However, if you're successful in increasing the conversion rate (which is an ongoing challenge for most marketers), cost per conversion would reduce gradually.

There are multiple types of campaigns/ads you can run to drive app installs.

Search Network App Install: Ads on Google that direct to the Play Store and allow users to download the app. Like standard text ads, these are driven by keywords.

Display Network App Install: Ads on the Google Display Network that link to the Play Store. You can use targeting methods like 'Similar Apps', 'New Mobiles'.

Video Network App Install: Ads on YouTube with an option to download and install the app.

I'd recommend reading this article to understand different ad formats and targeting methods.

Feel free to write back!

Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: I just created a new app

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

I'm sure we all would love to be able to pay per download Smiley Happy

AdWords charges for clicks on the App Install ad which may lead to conversions - App installs in this case. However, if you're successful in increasing the conversion rate (which is an ongoing challenge for most marketers), cost per conversion would reduce gradually.

There are multiple types of campaigns/ads you can run to drive app installs.

Search Network App Install: Ads on Google that direct to the Play Store and allow users to download the app. Like standard text ads, these are driven by keywords.

Display Network App Install: Ads on the Google Display Network that link to the Play Store. You can use targeting methods like 'Similar Apps', 'New Mobiles'.

Video Network App Install: Ads on YouTube with an option to download and install the app.

I'd recommend reading this article to understand different ad formats and targeting methods.

Feel free to write back!

Sumanth Sridhar