AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I just created a new adwords campaign. How long does it take for it to work? I

[ Edited ]
Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

I just created a new campaign with various keywords. However, when I type in the keywords in Google, my website does not show up. 

How long does it take before I can google the keywords and see my website in the adwords?

How do I know if I did it correctly or did I miss something?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey @ Am Glad to assist you . 

Don't get confused the moment your Ads are approved they are already live unless in some cases when you set duration for it.

The Question is How do i check if my Ads are Live ?

You can check using using the Ads Preivew Tool in your Adwords Dashboard , it will help you see how your Ads are displayed at the moment and there positions . 

Let me know of you have anyother Issue ! Smiley Wink also let me know if it helps Cheers !

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
There are many reason why your browser may not be showing ads from your shopping campaign.  This is a very common question from newcomers to AdWords and there are some things you need to be aware of, per below.

For one thing, if you search for the same thing repetitively but don't click on an ad, Google will stop dishing those ads in favor of others.  As @Alamu A mentioned, the proper way to see if your ads are running is with the Ads Preview Tool. Also impression statistics.

Your bids could be too low, you could be outside the targeted Geography, and a number of other reasons.  

It is best to rely upon the stats reported to determine if your ads are showing. If you keep searching for your own ad(s), it can lower your quality scores.  And it is an exercise in frustration in most cases.

Are you getting impressions of your ads?  Keep in mind data is sometimes delayed by 3 to 8 hours.

Check the Ads page, are your products showing as approved?  Are there any errors or warnings?

The first thing to check though, is are you getting impressions? if not then there is a different checklist.

hth