AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I have upgraded my website and I'm using a new domain name.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need to redo my Adwords campaign with my new information. I know have to change the landing page URLs but I'm wondering if I have to do other things. My campaign is paused while I figure this out. Maybe I should just start a new campaign? Thanks for your help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I have upgraded my website and I'm using a new domain name.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello and welcome to adwords community,

Per my understanding you want to change the landing page that is destination URL of your ad text. You can simply change the display and destination URL of the existing ad copies. To know more please visit https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375287?hl=en

If you edit the existing ad copies then your keyword history and account history will be there, but if you create a new campaign then your entire history will start from scratch and you have to build a new keyword and campaign history then.

You can choose the best option which suits you better.

Regards,

Foyzul

Re: I have upgraded my website and I'm using a new domain name.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Lifeforceglass

When you edit the ad's display URL, all ad's statistics is reset!

Read the following answer by TC Pete,  that gives tips and advice how to do the properly to keep your QS;

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/Hi-my-compny-wants-to-change-the-website-our-ad-d...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’