AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I have some ads running and I've been getting clicks for them but I can't see them!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried with incognito as well but they are not showing up! I also asked some friends but no one can see any of them.

Can some one help me?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Arman S
November 2016

I have some ads running and I've been getting clicks for them but I can't see them!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Arman S,

You are very welcome. Steve and I do hope to provide something useful to you. 

Have you reviewed the Search Terms Report? If you click on keywords, you will see the Search Terms tab. This will show you what terms were clicked on.

And if you look at your billing tab (gear icon in upper right hand corner), you can see precisely how many clicks each day, and if you click on the day, you can see what campaigns brought them.

Okay, those are only going to provide so much, so let's dig deeper. Click on your search campaign and then click on the Dimensions tab. From here, you are going to see a daily review of actions... but with a little customization to the columns, you will see even more great data. Let's click on Columns (drop down menu) and then click on competitive metrics and add Search Lost IS (rank) and Search Lost IS (budget). Hit apply and now you can better see why you may not be seeing your ads all that often (the lower the number the better; a high number suggests the reason why your ad is not being seen all that often). Now, use the drop down menu: View: Day here in Dimensions to really expand on your performance. Review each section with Time, Geographic, Ad group details, search terms and final url.. being some to spend time on.  For each section, you can sort the data by clicking on the header. Click on the header: Clicks.

And let's not forget the data supplied in Google Analytics. Your AdWords account should be linked to this and Analtyitcs linked to Google Search Console (webmasters)... all of which will power you to enlighten your client. 

Basically, we use all of this data to help clients understand their campaigns. And we take screenshots of their ads when they want to see them. We absolutely insist they do not hunt for them in the wild. 

All the Best,

James

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Arman S,

It is not advisable to search for your own ads since your action after finding them will affect your quality score, impressions, click through rate, conversions... and more. 

What type of ads are you running... text, display, or?

Kind Regards,

James

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Per James you should not search for your own ads because it is likely to damage your quality score.  

Also, once you search for your own ads a few times without clicking, Google is going to adapt and stop showing them to you. Ad delivery is personalized.

There are many other reasons why your browser may not be showing ads from your campaign.  The first thing - per above - is if you search for the same thing repetitively but don't click on an ad, Google will stop dishing those ads in favor of others.  

Also, your bids could be too low; you could be outside the targeted Geography; and a number of other possible reasons.  It is far better practice, to rely upon the stats reported by Google on your AdWords management page, to determine if your ads are showing. 

Are you getting impressions of your ads?  Keep in mind data is delayed by 3 to 8 hours.

You can search this community, YouTube, and Google for "Why aren't my Google AdWords ads showing?" for many more articles and videos about this topic. 

hth

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James,

many thanks your response, I'm running text ads. Yes I'm aware of that, but I'm running them for a client and he is not able to see the ads and thinks something is wrong. we tried on differnet browsers, even incognito but nothing comes up I also tried doubling the mcpc.

thanks anyway,

Arman

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot Steve, yes I'm aware, but I've never seen my ads from the beginning but I keep getting clicks.. it was just a bit confusing..

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Arman S
November 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Arman S,

You are very welcome. Steve and I do hope to provide something useful to you. 

Have you reviewed the Search Terms Report? If you click on keywords, you will see the Search Terms tab. This will show you what terms were clicked on.

And if you look at your billing tab (gear icon in upper right hand corner), you can see precisely how many clicks each day, and if you click on the day, you can see what campaigns brought them.

Okay, those are only going to provide so much, so let's dig deeper. Click on your search campaign and then click on the Dimensions tab. From here, you are going to see a daily review of actions... but with a little customization to the columns, you will see even more great data. Let's click on Columns (drop down menu) and then click on competitive metrics and add Search Lost IS (rank) and Search Lost IS (budget). Hit apply and now you can better see why you may not be seeing your ads all that often (the lower the number the better; a high number suggests the reason why your ad is not being seen all that often). Now, use the drop down menu: View: Day here in Dimensions to really expand on your performance. Review each section with Time, Geographic, Ad group details, search terms and final url.. being some to spend time on.  For each section, you can sort the data by clicking on the header. Click on the header: Clicks.

And let's not forget the data supplied in Google Analytics. Your AdWords account should be linked to this and Analtyitcs linked to Google Search Console (webmasters)... all of which will power you to enlighten your client. 

Basically, we use all of this data to help clients understand their campaigns. And we take screenshots of their ads when they want to see them. We absolutely insist they do not hunt for them in the wild. 

All the Best,

James