AdWords
1.1K members online now
1.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I have nothing in my account after changing main email.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yesterday, I was logged into my Google properties (notably Analytics and AdWords) and wanted to change the email address I used to login. It seemed straightforward enough and didn't suggest there'd be any issues accessing all of the same data, but after I verified the new account all I'm seeing are Sign Up pages. Since I changed the account to the new email address, the old email address/login isn't working.

I thought there might just be a delay for everything to get through the system, but it is still redirecting me to signup pages after signing in.

I considered changing the email address back to the old one and adding my new one as an Administrator, but don't want to lose anything from the account.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author swsrhall
September 2015

Re: I have nothing in my account after changing main email.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I did a password recovery using the old email address and it is now logging in and displaying everything correctly. Since it doesn't appear that anything is actually attached to the new email address, I am going to delete that account and attach the my new email address as an alternate email address to my account.

EDIT: This worked...

After recovering the password on my old email address,

I deleted the account with the new email address,

then I logged into the old email address (verified that everything was still there),

added the new email address as an alternate email address,

changed my password just in case,

then logged in successfully with the new email address.

Hopefully somebody else will find this useful if they run into the same confusion.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author swsrhall
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I did a password recovery using the old email address and it is now logging in and displaying everything correctly. Since it doesn't appear that anything is actually attached to the new email address, I am going to delete that account and attach the my new email address as an alternate email address to my account.

EDIT: This worked...

After recovering the password on my old email address,

I deleted the account with the new email address,

then I logged into the old email address (verified that everything was still there),

added the new email address as an alternate email address,

changed my password just in case,

then logged in successfully with the new email address.

Hopefully somebody else will find this useful if they run into the same confusion.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Thanks for posting your solution - it always helps to see the resolutions as well as the problems - it will doubtless help someone(s) in the future!