AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I have high CTR, but still my QS is less, why?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

this question was asked to me in an interview yesterday

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

QS is a relative score (compared to other advertisers  bidding on the same keywords). There are competitive verticals (e.g travel) in which CTR  (the predominant component of QS) has to be well above the average to reach  a QS above average.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

MosheTLV is correct, yet I would also mention the basic foundations of QS.

In addition to CTR, it's important to write good ad copy and have high quality landing pages with website text that has the keywords written in its copy.

Learn more about these metrics here:

Ad relevance - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1659752?hl=en

Landing page experience - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404197?hl=en

If you have more questions, let us know.

Marek

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author hemanth
November 2016

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

@Hemanth K  glad to see your question and i will love to share you the tips to help you with a good quality score i recommend  8/10 - 10/10 has great quality score that can help your Campaign to have a reduction in Cost per click (CPC) and improved ad rank . 

Tips :

1. Arrange your Ad groups in themes and make the Ads related to your keywords group them together , relevancy is a key to a successful campaign.

2. Work on your Landing page Experience make sure it is also relevant to your displayed Ads  , adopt this two methods you will have a high quality score . Hope this helps ! Cheers !

Move keywords which are less than 8/10 to more relevant Ads group .