Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I have an ad running but no campaign

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not knowing quite how complicated this whole adwords malarkey is I set up an ad and thought that would be the end of it. I then wanted to import it into Bing which insists there is no campaign on my account.

Indeed there is not, Just an ad. And when I create a campaign I do not see an option to import my ad.

To say I'm confused is an understatement. How can I import my ad into my campaign to the have Bing import the whole lot?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ingo, are your campaigns and ads enabled and working in AdWords? Are you sure that you've set it up correctly?

You would probably find more information about Bing in their Support forums. Read more here.

Good luck,

Marek

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Adwords is a very complex program that requires training if you want to get the most out of it, so I would recommend you go through Google's free training course: https://support.google.com/partners/answer/3154326?hl=en

To answer your question though, you need to follow the hierarchy setup: Campaign>Adgroups>Ads. Start with a campaign, then create adgroups based on your keywords, then create ads within those adgroups. Bing Ads is very similar to Google and uses the same formatting, so if you want to import you need to follow it. If you want to copy your ad rather than make a new one, you have to do it in the Adwords Editor, and it is a simple copy/paste procedure. - https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/32919?hl=en

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

As far as I know you cannot set up an ad without this being within an ad group and without the ad group, in turn, being within a campaign - even if these simply have the default "Ad Group 1" type of denomination. I'd love to see a screenshot of your ad within the AdWords interface just to get a handle on the issue... could you attach that here?

Re: I have an ad running but no campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

First of all thanks for all the replies! Screenshot? Gladly. Hope it is the right interface you are after... I don't recall having to set up anything like a campaign and as stated in the first post - there is none lodged against my account. adwords1.png

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Is this Google MyBusiness? Because this image is not from Google Adwords, which is it's own program. If you wanted to import an ad over to Bing, then you would have to use Google Adwords to set up your advertising account, then follow the steps I mentioned above. Bing ads is very similar to Adwords, so once you know how to create your own campaign and ads in Adwords, then you can easily import into Bing with their Account Import feature.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Dean,

nope, this is definitely Google Adwords or so the site icon tells me.

Thanks also for your copy and paste instructions. I'll try creating a campaign, go through the whole spiel and then copy and paste my ad into it. I'll let you know how it goes...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ah, just noticed that I'm on AdWords Express, whatever that is. However, it looks as though those copy and paste instructions are not applicable to this dumbed down version, unfortunately.

The express aim is still to import the ad as it is to Bing, be it with an attached campaign or not.

I will also have a look at the Bing forums as Marek suggested.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Yes - AdWords Express has a different structure which is not mirrored by Bing and, therefore, cannot be copied across.

That said, the learning curve you'll climb to get your ad up and running on Bing will serve you for when you want to stretch your wings with AdWords.