AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I have a question regarding Call extensions and Call outs.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a question regarding Call extensions and Call outs. My only goal is to get a phone call from clients using desktop/laptop (No mobile phones, I decreased bid to 100%, hope I do not catch mobile users).

So, I drive traffic to my website where I have strong CTA to call.

In my case, how can I use call extension? Is there any pre-requisite?

Is there any other way to include phone number in an ad copy other than call extension?

About call outs, how do I get eligible for that?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I have a question regarding Call extensions and Call outs.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
HI James

You can go to ad extensions and from there u can select call outs and add desired ones. There are eligibility requirements for that.

About the call extensions are you focusing on bringing in calls from softwares like skype through desktops?

You can use the call extension in desktop in the normal way. It usually displayed in the ad text even in desktop

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Nisal

How do I get eligible for call outs?

And no, I rather want users to call from actual phone/mobile.
I just read somewhere, for desktop users, phone number will be displayed as a non-clickable link, is it?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey James,

To add to what Nisal said above, you cannot use the telephone number in text ad content. That's against the policies and it was put into effect long time back. You can use Call extension to display your business number or use Google forwarding number to track phone call details.

My understanding is that most of the users will call you who are either using mobile devices or the devices that are capable of making phone calls. So I am not sure how you would convince a normal desktop/laptop user to make a phone call to your business number.

Eligibility of Callouts extension will totally depend upon on how relevant it would for the user to display Call outs. AdWords prime objective is best user experience and based on that and other relevant metrics that define Ad Rank, your Call outs might get eligible for an ad. They should be unique, engaging and meeting policy compliance as well.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj