AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I have Max CPM €1000, how could I calculate my CPM diary Budget?

[ Edited ]
FG
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
FG
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Google AdWords Community!

Let's say I have Max CPM €1000, what is my Dairy Budget (Display Network Only - Bidding and budget settings)?

Regarding CPC, I can use the following formula: Daily Budget = Monthly budget / Average number of days per month.

But I cannot apply the same formula for CPM, because If I put €33 as Dairy Budget (1000 / 30.4) and €1000 as Max CPM, the following message will be shown: Bid is larger than the budget

Thank you in advance for your help!

Fran

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author FG
September 2015

Re: I have Max CPM €1000, how could I calculate my CPM diary Budget?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Fran, and welcome to the Community!

A figure of €1000 for Max CPM would be very, very high.  The CPM model of AdWords is a "cost per thousand" impressions on an Ad and typically the costs involve mirror those of a CPC model.  So, if your CPC costs were €2 a click and you had a CTR (Click Through Rate) of 1%, you'd be paying €20 per 1000, so your Max CPM could be something like €25.

I suspect you may be misunderstanding the CPM/CPC cost models so perhaps you may want to read up on them and get back to us with any more questions?

CPM Bidding

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author FG
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Fran, and welcome to the Community!

A figure of €1000 for Max CPM would be very, very high.  The CPM model of AdWords is a "cost per thousand" impressions on an Ad and typically the costs involve mirror those of a CPC model.  So, if your CPC costs were €2 a click and you had a CTR (Click Through Rate) of 1%, you'd be paying €20 per 1000, so your Max CPM could be something like €25.

I suspect you may be misunderstanding the CPM/CPC cost models so perhaps you may want to read up on them and get back to us with any more questions?

CPM Bidding

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

FG
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
FG
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much Jon!