AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I got more then 1500 impression but just one click ! Why ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, i m just want to understand it that i started my ad campaign yesterday ! and till yet today i got more then 1500 impression with all my 15 keywords, but i got just one click, What does it means ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I got more then 1500 impression but just one click ! Why ?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,
Since, you have not mentioned which network you are targeting (Search or Display). Assuming you are targeting ads on search Network...
For some verticals the CTR will be low. Even if your niche is having good CTR it may be because of low ad position. Make sure that you improve your ad position by improving your bidding and then try to check if you had improved your CTR has improved or not.

I hope this helps you..

Thanks and Regards
John Paul

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i m targeting search and display network both ... my bidding is on auto ... All the keyword status is showing Eligible, and Quality Score some are 8, some are 7, or 6... I don't know about CTR as i m totally new to adwords.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Inkreate,
CTR means Click Through Rate- The number of clicks your ads receive divided by number of times your ad is shown.
Use ad preview tool and find where your ad is showing for a particular keyword. If your ad position is low then try to increase the bid. Before increasing the bid try to make sure that you have chosen the right keywords and target locations, otherwise you will lose the money without getting any returns on your investment.
Make sure that your ads are specific, relevant, attractive and empowering. You can read more about how to create successful ads from here- http://goo.gl/BLimWN
And even though if you do all the above steps, for some niches you will get less clicks.

Thanks and Regards
John Paul

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
Hi Inkreate T,

Welcome to the Community!

Following on from what John Paul already mentioned, I'd also recommend taking a closer look at your keywords too. Make sure you have selected high-quality, relevant keywords to help you reach only the most interested people. In addition to this, you should also use match types with your keywords. More information about match types can be found here: http://goo.gl/6vxGqK.

Hope our advice helps!
Rachel

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Inkreate T,

I think, first of all, you need to tell us which network you are targeting; search or display network?

For Google Search networkfollowing are the possible reasons for lower CTR:

1) Lower ad position due to poor quality score or very low max CPC.

2) Wrong selection of keywords

3) Irrelevant ad & non compelling ad text

4) Poor Landing page - When you set your ad live, Google crawls your landing specified in 'Destination URL',
To check the relevancy of ad text with the content of the landing page. If its low, then quality score assigned can be poor.

or

For Display network, CTR is never as good as Google' search network. Its absolutely fine if CTR on Google's Display network.

May be you should just watch the campaign performance for a week & take the required action after that.

Let me know if you have any query or need more help.

Always happy to help
Vikas