AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I get the "There was an error..." error when I setup a new account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I get the "There was an error with your operation" error when I try to setup a new AdWords account.

I get this error on the 'Set your time zone and currency preferences' screen when I click 'Continue'.

The google account/email that I'm using is a custom named google domain.

I've tried rebooting, Firefox, Chrome, clearing cache and cookies and nothing works. Smiley Sad

Any more ideas?

--Jeff

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I get the "There was an error..." error when I setup a n

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

im having the same issue.....still no solution

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When looking at the reply to the HTTP post I see the following server errors:

java.util.ArrayList/4159755760","com.google.ads.apps.common.error.shared.LocalizedErrorWrapper/1937942575","An internal error occurred. Please try again later.","com.google.ads.api.services.campaignmgmt.common.error.DatabaseError/3890037516","com.google.ads.api.services.campaignmgmt.common.error.DatabaseError$Reason/4228070839","com.google.ads.api.services.campaignmgmt.common.error.DatabaseError.\x3Cinit\x3E(DatabaseError.java:92)\ncom.google.ads.boulder.api.modules.error.UnhandledF1ExceptionInterceptor.intercept(UnhandledF1ExceptionInterceptor.java:69)\ncom.google.net.grubby.runtime.transport.stubby.InvocationImpl$2.call(InvocationImpl.java:196)\ncom.google.net.grubby.runtime.transport.stubby.InvocationImpl.invoke(InvocationImpl.java:170

\x3Ceye3-stackless title\x3D\x27UNKNOWN_RETRIABLE_ERROR\x27/\x3E /F1Service.Write to 10.177.92.12:8144 [APPLICATION_ERROR(2)] spanner::Aborted: spanner::Group not found: No groups available; will create new groups now; come back soon [f1.ClientRpcContext] { is_write: true }

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It looks like a system issue......i give up, gonna try again tomorrow - not getting much help from the Google staff

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried sending an email on the issue - even the contact form is freezing when i try!!

Keeps saying my email format is incorrect, **bleep**!!!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I will refer the case to Google suppot

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’