Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I don't want to be searchable, don't want text campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I would like to use some banners and videos, but i don't want to use keywords or compete on search engines. I don't want that text ad anywhere, but it seems like i can't avoid that.

Or am i wrong?

Thank you,

m

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marijana R
September 2015

Re: I don't want to be searchable, don't want text campaigns

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Thankfully you are wrong...

If you run only image ads then Google will only serve image ads. Don't prepare a text ad, Google can't serve one....

your image ads will run on the Google Display Network - which is a network of publishers who leave space on their sites for Google to serve the image ads... most of the ads you see online, in fact.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Marijana,

Steve explained it beautifully. Now let me make it easier for you to understand how you can do it. 

Create a campaign targeted only to Display Network, and then create Image Ads. Here's the screen-grab for you. 

imagead.png

This way, you will be targeting only Display Network with your Image Ads, no text ads to appear in Search Network. 

Hope it helps. 

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Thankfully you are wrong...

If you run only image ads then Google will only serve image ads. Don't prepare a text ad, Google can't serve one....

your image ads will run on the Google Display Network - which is a network of publishers who leave space on their sites for Google to serve the image ads... most of the ads you see online, in fact.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Marijana,

Steve explained it beautifully. Now let me make it easier for you to understand how you can do it. 

Create a campaign targeted only to Display Network, and then create Image Ads. Here's the screen-grab for you. 

imagead.png

This way, you will be targeting only Display Network with your Image Ads, no text ads to appear in Search Network. 

Hope it helps. 

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thank you both very much!

i figured it out later, it's just that when you first start with AdWords you get to make the text ad as an example and i thought that was inevitable.

Best,
m