AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

I don't have that much impressions in my new campaign, I don't know what to do.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We had an account which was a real mess, so we have decided to start a new campaign. But the fact is that we don't have that much impressions so our CTR is very bad! I tried new keywords, new landing page, but it stills the same Smiley Sad . We don't have a good score either and I don't understand because the new ads are almost like the old ones... what should I do?? I'm using the CPC manual bidding system. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marie-Pier P
November 2016

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Some things to check:

- do keywords in the new campaign use the same MATCH TYPE(s) as the old campaign?

- what is the quality score for individual keywords in the old campaign vs the new ("Add Column > Quality Score")

- is the Geo Targeting the same for the new campaign? ("Settings")

- is the Daily ad spend budget the same?

- if there were any "Ad Extensions" in the old campaign, were they brought over into the new campaign?

Also I suggest you check all other settings on the "Settings" page for consistency between the old and new campaign.

Quality scores can take a couple of weeks to settle.  About half (an educated guesstimate) of the quality score calculation is based upon CTR, so until there is a regular stream of clicks the quality score has not settled.

View solution in original post

Re: I don't have that much impressions in my new campaign, I don't know what to do.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Check the Auctions Insights for your campaign's impression share and average position. Your bids may be too low and not showing on the first page, which could result in fewer impressions. The Auction Insights report also shows you who else is bidding on the same keywords, and you can set Adwords to outbid a certain competitor. If your ads are like the old ones and they still aren't performing well, maybe they need to be revised again with more compelling ad copy.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2579754?hl=en

Re: I don't have that much impressions in my new campaign, I don't know what to do.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
hi Marie-Pier,

check if your are bids are high enough by using the first page bid option. if the bids are ok, it means that you should give your campaign time to adjust itself and then you will start seeing results

regards,
Zaby
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marie-Pier P
November 2016

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Some things to check:

- do keywords in the new campaign use the same MATCH TYPE(s) as the old campaign?

- what is the quality score for individual keywords in the old campaign vs the new ("Add Column > Quality Score")

- is the Geo Targeting the same for the new campaign? ("Settings")

- is the Daily ad spend budget the same?

- if there were any "Ad Extensions" in the old campaign, were they brought over into the new campaign?

Also I suggest you check all other settings on the "Settings" page for consistency between the old and new campaign.

Quality scores can take a couple of weeks to settle.  About half (an educated guesstimate) of the quality score calculation is based upon CTR, so until there is a regular stream of clicks the quality score has not settled.